Sunday, November 15, 2009

SCBWI Fall Workshop, SLC

Yesterday I attened my local chapter of SCBWI's fall workshop. They held it in the Salt Lake City main library. We met in a window filled room on the fourth floor. The view was inspirational and quite fitting for writers. On the west we looked out over the historic county building. On the East we had rows and rows of books to motivate us on the other side of a large glass partion.

My most rewarding part of the workshop was my one on one session with Elizabeth Law of Egmont Publishing. She liked my story idea and had little critisizm of my manusript, EXCEPT, she would like to see the story changed from a high school setting to a jr. high setting. She commented on my energy and enthusiasm. Hopefully that impression can stay alive within her memory, at least until I make the necessary changes in my manuscript and get it sent off to her.

That can't happen until December at the earliest. I'm still plugging away at my NaNoWriMo novel. I'm barely keeping on track. That's okay. I think my Hitler's Promis novel has some real promise. I'm determined to finish the rough draft by the end of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment