Friday, March 5, 2010

Author, Dan Well's Workshop on Story Structure on YouTube, and I'm a winner on Christine Bryant's Blog. Yahoo, two great things to blog about


Dan Well, author of the soon to be relased in the U.S., I Am Not a Serial Killer taught an awesome workshop on story structure at the LTUE conference last month. I was lucky enough to attend the class, and walked away with lots of great info, even though I've been writing for years. He was kind enough to put this workshop on video and post it on YouTube. I just wanted to pass it on to my readers who might be interested.

I also wanted to mention in this blog that I am a winner of my first blog contest. Yes, I won a cool prize for a cool contest hosted by my cool friend, Christine Bryant. Make sure you check out her blog. She is always hosting contests, as well as guest bloggers and all sorts of neat stuff. Okay, you want to know what I won? A $20 gift certificate at Amazon.com. Guess what I'm going to buy. You are right--books. One that is on my list is Dan Well's, I Am Not a Serial Killer.

After his workshop I realized it was a must have. Especially as he described the characterization of his MC. It's kind of what I wanted to do to the MC of my next novel, so I know I want this book. I'll do a review on it after I read it and let you know how I liked it. I have to admit, I'm a bit aprehensive because I don't usually read books from the horror genre.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first blog prize Carolyn! AND I *love* your header! Very fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete