Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday's Word: compassion

Compassion
Definition: sympathy for the suffering of others, often including a desire to help.

I saw this in full force last Thursday, November 10 in the LDS writing community. One of our own--Robison Wells--had fallen into hard times in relation to his health and thus his job. I was so touched by the way everyone came together, getting the word out, buying Rob's new book as part of a "book bomb" started by fellow author Larry Correia. The bomb had the desired effect: Rob's book rose from relative obscurity to become in the top seven for YA sci fi on Amazon--all in one day.

I would like to give everyone a hug who participated in this act of unselfishness. The world needs more of this kind of compassion. And the neatest part of it all is that Robison Wells' new book, Variant, from what I have heard, is one awesome book. It wasn't like it was a chore for anyone to buy. In fact it was already on my list to read before this book bomb even happened. Now I can't wait for NaNoWriMo to end so I can jump into Variant and read.

For those of you who weren't lucky enough to participate in this book bomb, it's not too late for you to purchase a copy for yourself. Let's keep this talented new author at the top of Amazon's list. For more information, check out Robison Wells' website.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this book. At first, I thought it was going to be like some others I've read--but it had some great twists that took it in a totally different direction! A wide range of reader will enjoy it but teen boys especially.

    ReplyDelete