This is for all those who struggle to get viewers to or comments on their blogs, wonder what to write, or need follower love. For many of us, we just haven't devoted the time it takes to build our blogs up.
Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and fit the definition.
Renae Mackley awarded me this honor. Renae is a Liebster herself!
1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
10 Facts about me (Carolyn):
1. I am the mother of five and grandmother to one adorable grandson.
2. I’ve been eating healthier lately and exercising more. =)
3. Born and raised in Payson, Utah.
4. Served a mission to the Canada Calgary Mission, where I was first introduced to puppetry.
5. Created and grew a puppet manufacturing business, which I sold in 2009 to give me more time to write.
6. My BS degree from BYU is in horticulture, my M.S. is in Botany.
7. When I decide to snack, salty wins. My favorite is plain potato chips and dried mangoes (oops that's sweet).
8. I don't like milk chocolate
9. I was on the David Letterman show once, playing celebrity ex-ray challenge in Rupert's deli.
10. My favorite of God's creations, (besides my fellowman), has got to be trees.
Blogs I've tagged: (I am on vacation and can't take time to find more than these wonderful blogs. I encourage you to visit and follow them.) Grab the button award above.http://lesliepugh.blogspot.com/ Leslie Pugh
http://creativelyspiltink.blogspot.com/ MJ Mickelson
http://grumpybulldog.blogspot.com/ PT Dilloway
http://lilytequila.blogspot.com/ Lily Tequila
To everyone else: Feel free to add your blog info in a comment and I will follow you, hoping you will do the same.
Here are my questions to them, along with my own answers.
1. How long have you been blogging?
My first post was in April 2009, so just over three years.
2. Why did you start up a blog?
I was told that I had to have a blog to promote my books once I got published, so I thought I'd better start early so I could get the hang of it before I needed it.
3. What has been your weirdest experience with blogging?
I don't have a weird experience to share, but my most valued was when, in response to a year old post, a nurse from Africa contacted me after viewing my blog post about when I made feminine hygiene kits to send with an associate to suppressed women in that country who didn't have access to feminine hygiene products. She wanted a copy of my instructions that I mentioned I could send to anyone who was interested.
4. What is your favorite book? 5. Who is your favorite author?
My favorite that I've read (actually reread) this years has been To Kill a Mockingbird. My favorite all time author has got to be Charles Dickens. My favorite modern/local author is Dan Wells.
6. What do you want to be when you grow up/what is your profession?
7. How many books do you think you might have?
Not a clue.
8. Do you prefer reading a proper book or a ebook?
I really don't care. I just like to read.
9. If you could choose to live one character's life in a book, who would it be?
Most I read are too fraught with conflict--after all, isn't that what makes for a good story. So I don't think I'd choose any of them.
10. If you were stranded on a desert island what 10 items would you want to have with you?
It would go something like this: 1. Water. 2. My family. 3. Healthy food. 4. Computer to write on. 5. Trees. 6. My sleep number bed. 7. Lots of good books to read. 8. Materials and tools to build/create things with. 9. Toilet paper. 10. Good people to associate with.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week and happy writing or reading.