Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Freedom to Follow Your Dreams

Okay, it's election day. You might think I would post something about the importance of voting. Though I feel this is a very precious right that we should all value, I feel moved to discuss a different blessing we have as citizens of this great country. That being the freedom to follow our dreams and earn a living at what we choose to do.

I am a writer. A newly self-published author. I have only begun to taste that freedom. Very little has made its way into my pocketbook in the form of money. But my drive to write is able to move forward unencumbered by the fear that it will it will do no good, or get me nowhere.

Two days ago I returned from a writers' retreat; four days and three nights of answering only to the call of my muse. I came close to composing half of my next novel. True, it was a very rough, NaNoWriMo draft, but it opened my eyes to my potential. It showed me that I truly have the ability to become successful and my chosen new profession if I am willing to put in the time.

And as I prepared to go and vote, I reveled in the greatness of this country, thanking God for my freedoms. It was then my mind wandered with gratitude to the above revelation. I am free to publish my books, use my talents to make the world a better place and possibly be the means of inspiring a child through uplifting literature.

Now I want to finish this post and go write.

No comments:

Post a Comment