Wednesday, June 8, 2016

My Easy Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing



This is a recipe I came up with over a decade ago and it is still my favorite vinaigrette salad dressing. It is very versatile. I use it on green salads. I add it with Parmesan cheese to penne pasta, cherry tomatoes, shredded yellow summer squash, and red bell peppers to make a tasty pasta salad. I use it as a marinade to prepare meat and veges before I grill them.

Mom's Vinaigrette Dressing

*2 TBS dried sweat red pepper flakes (pulverized in the blender first)
add:
2 TBS lemon juice
2 TBS Balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 to 3 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons honey or sugar
blend.
slowly add:
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water


Grind the pepper flakes in a blender almost into a powder first, before you add any wet ingredients.



Add the next 8 ingredients, blend.


Add the water/oil slowly, mixing well.


Pour mixture onto a salad or into a bottle to put in the fridge and use later. Dressing stores well in the refrigerator and will keep for several weeks.


*I slice up ripe, red bell peppers from my garden every fall and dry them in a food dryer to be used in recipes through out the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment