Thursday, May 26, 2016

Use old political sign stakes to trellis your peas

After my husband's campaign for city councilman last November, we were left with a bunch of political lawn signs. I dumped the plastic signs in the recycle bin, but kept the metal stakes knowing I could put them to good use in my garden. I have used them in the past and found they work well hold up peas so they don't have to grow along the ground. I am not only recycling those stakes, but ensuring a better pea crop this year from my garden. :)

Here's how you do it. Before the peas get too big, simply push them into the soil in a zig-zag pattern along the length of your row of peas.



You'll have to squint hard to see the stakes in the picture below. That's another good thing about these stakes, they are barely noticeable in your garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment