Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Version of Red Robin's Baja Turkey Club

If you are looking for a quick, easy meal and you are a fan of Red Robin's Baja Turkey Club sandwich, you will want to try this recipe. I've been pleasing my family for years with this sandwich, so I thought it would be a good thing to share for this month's Mid Month Make-something Madness.

To prepare Baja sauce, add to a small bowl and mix well:
2 TBS mayonaise
2 TBS taco sauce (you can use the packets you get from any mexican fast food place)
1 tsp chili powder
(This makes enought sauce to make about 3 sandwiches).

Spread Baja sauce on each side of two pieces of bread. Add thinly sliced
pepper jack cheese to each of these pieces of bread on top of the Baja
sauce. Add a thick layer of thinly sliced deli turkey and one whole green
chile (from a can) that has been sliced open. Put the two pieces of bread
together and butter the outside of each slice and cook on a griddle the
same as you would a grilled cheese sandwich.
(P.S. These sandwiches look and taste better than my picture.
I'm not a food photographer by any means).

1 comment: