Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday's Word: Encouragement

Last week I returned home from my critique group ready to toss my year-old manuscript in the trash. My group had just got through slashing and marking up the first 100 pages, and I truly thought it was hopeless. A day later, one of the sweetest ladies you could ever hope to meet--and a fellow member of my critique group--sent me an e-mail, telling me she admired how I could take so much criticism and still plow forward, and that she really like my story despite all that was said. The next day I went to the LTUE writers' conference and received encouragement in the form of ideas. As I shook off the shackles of discouragement, pieces of my story fell into place and I had a clearer picture of what I needed to do to my story. I even became excited, for I could see the true potential of what I had. But that could have never happened without encouragement.

Words of encouragement
are as precious as gold.
That "your work has merit,"
needs to be told
to you as a writer,
and your fellow writers too.
What goes around, comes around,
so encourage others what ever you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment