Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A to Z Challenge: H is for Horse (on a stick)


H is for horse
I ride on a stick.
I grab his black reins
and give them a flick.

I love horses--as long as they are on the other side of a fence. Several years ago, when I was eight months pregnant, my two dogs ran off, and I finally found them in a pasture barking at a horse. I struggled over the barbed wire fence with my big pregnant belly to retrieve my naughty pets. As I approached my dogs, and thus the horse, the huge animal reared up on his hind legs and came down, braising my thigh. Terrified, I ran, rather waddled away as fast as I could. As I spoke with a horse-owner friend of mine later on, she told me that the horse was just playing with me. She admitted the horse could have trampled me if he'd wanted to. That didn't make me feel any better. So, for that reason, I look at those magnificent creatures in awe of their beauty, but always from the other side of a fence.
What are your feelings about horses?

2 comments:

  1. I love horses too! They look friendly but I don't have plans on riding on it either. I'm small and they're like ginormous. Hmmm... But I think I'm willing to try to ride on a pony. A very small pony.


    Sincerely,Miss Uncertain---sidetracked

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love horses too! I wish I had a ranch!

    www.wearinglemon.blogspot.com

    visiting from A~Z

    ReplyDelete