Thursday, April 18, 2013

A to Z Challenge: P is for Puzzle


P is for puzzle,
each piece fits in place
to make a cool picture
of a good-looking face.

My fondest memories of puzzles, were of putting together a picture puzzle on New Year's Eve with my father. Before I became a teenager--and had "better things" to do on that night, my dad would set up the card table in front of the fire place and we'd stay up until we completed the puzzle. The completion of the puzzle was the pinnacle of the night--not the clock striking midnight.
What are some of your favorite memories concerning puzzles?

1 comment:

  1. One Christmas my mom got me a teensy jigsaw puzzle, thinking it'd take me days to do. I think it had 32 pieces and was about 5" x 5" square. I knocked it off in a few minutes & she was a bit crestfallen. The following year she got me a 1000 piece of Chicago, at night, with weird shaped pieces. Yeah, that fixed my wagon. lol

    ReplyDelete