Monday, April 27, 2015

Blogging from A to Z: W is for Waffle

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge



W is for Whole Wheat Waffles,
I eat them every day,
with yogurt and fresh fruit,
because they taste best that way.


Here's my easy recipe. I usually only fill the waffle iron half way, as a whole one is too big for me. I then store my leftover batter in the fridge. When I go to use it the next day, I simply skim the top off the batter that has turned dark. The batter underneath is still good, I just give it a stir and pour it into the waffle iron. The batter last 2 to 3 days in the fridge. 
I love to pile them high with fresh fruit and homemade honey vanilla yogurt. (That recipe will be posted on Wednesday for the letter Y).


Whole Wheat Waffles:
1 cup whole wheat flour (freshly ground is best)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt


Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
In a liquid measuring cup add:


3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 tablespoon yogurt
1 egg

Add to dry ingredients, mix well, and pour into heated waffle iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment